In this video I review the Acoustic Image Clarus SL amplifier. It's a single channel amp that's been designed specifically for double bassists. I've used an older model (series III) for the last 10 years. This new version is smaller, lighter and more powerful. All the features have been designed with the double bass in mind, from the impedance to the high pass filter. Even the EQ points have been set to help you get the most from your instrument. I love mine, so I thought I would do a review to share my experience.
I hope you enjoy the video. To join the conversation please post below in the comments section.
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (<2.5 lbs.), small size (2.1x7.2x7.4 inches)
- LoZ and HiZ 1/4 inch inputs for piezo pickup optimization
- Input and Master level controls
- Four band EQ
- Sweepable low cut filter
- Effects loop
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift
- Mute switch
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and limiter
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Automatic voltage switching for universal AC mains operation
- 650 Watt output at 4 ohms (music power)
- Dual speaker outputs with speakon connectors
- Comes with padded case and speakon to ¼ inch adaptor
Learn more about Acoustic Image.